Monday, May 24, 2004

Notarized

Today I officially completed the last task on my way to becoming a Notary Public. So as of today, I'm official! I went to the County Clerk's Office, took my oath, and... taa daaa.... I am a Notary! Now, going into this endeavor was really motivated by boredom. I don't expect to make a career of it, though I completed the coursework while I was unemployed, hoping for a little spare income. However, after the course fee, the State fee, the supplies, the insurance, and everything else that goes along with it, it may be a while before I recoup my investment.

The good news, however, was going into work today. Now mind you, going into work is not usually good news other than the benefit of the ultimate reward - the paycheck. And it certainly isn't good news to arrive late to be greeted with the news of the deaths of 3 people related to your show. (See the "Sick of Being Sick" post). Anyway, back to the good news.

My boss had some personal business to take care of, but the day got busy. See, these deaths have turned our whole schedule upside down and now we're all going to be busy for quite some time. But then I heard him say it. "I don't know how I'm going to make it to the notary and back to deal with blah blah blah." I didn't hear him after that. "Notary? You need a notary?" "Yeah," he said, "so blah blah blah...." "I'm a notary!!!"

And so it was. The rest was not so glamorous. A thumbprint, a signature. But a mere hour after becoming an official notary, I had my first client. I'm still in the notary red, but building takes time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home