Thursday, July 08, 2004

Driving Me Crazy

I remember that when I learned to drive, I loved to drive... for years. I inherited a love for driving from my parents. I could travel to Sacramento by myself with no problem and I even enjoyed it. But after the increasing LA commuter traffic, my passion has diminished. LA traffic drives me crazy. I have physically seen my commute time increase over a 1/2 hour in 6 months, and that was almost 2 years ago. When "they" used to talk about population increases and overcrowding, such things were non-tangible concepts that would happen years and years from now, practically unnoticeably. But I've noticed. And quickly. Now, getting in the car puts me to sleep almost instantly. Driving has become a danger. And I don't want to do it anymore. It has made even short drives to the store or a friend's house practically unbearable. Sometimes I'll even stay at work later to avoid the drive home. I'm finally looking forward to moving to a city with real, effective public transportation. I hope we get there before everyone else does, too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home