Friday, July 16, 2004

Good Eatin's

For all of the plusses and minuses of my current job, the one perk I cannot complain about is the food.  I don't think I've ever eaten this well in my life, let alone at a job.  I've had my share of jobs with food poison-inducing caterers, jobs where I forked out my own money for fast food or company cafeterias on a regular basis, and of course the jobs where I didn't have the time to stop and eat at all.  Case in point, the job where I lost 15 pounds of "good" weight in less than 3 months. 
 
But my current job.  Oh, where to begin!  I've had fresh fish almost daily, from salmon to swordfish to fish 'n chips (and we're talking GOOD fish 'n chips!).  I've had spaghetti and ravioli and tortellini, fresh asparagus, chicken with mango sauce, fresh mangos, chocolate cake, ice cream, fresh salad bars, brushetta, crab cakes, prawn shrimp, fried bananas and apples, smoothies... I've even had filet mignon.  And if I was a bigger meat eater, I could have had a variety of other meats including pork tenderloin, roast beef, chicken marsala, ribs, sausage, etc., etc...  Often, many of these options are available at the same time.  And it's all you can eat!
 
The craft service is also available all day long, in case you get hungry between meals.  They have vegetables and fresh baked cookies and brownies, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, Krispy Kreme donuts, candy bars, fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal, and any number of drinks.  Sometimes in the afternoons, they'll even bring in a special "snack," in case you haven't had enough to eat.  I've had pizza and tacos for this snack before, and I've also seen them bring in In 'n Out burgers.  But yesterday, I was travelling downstairs looking for a brownie, when I saw... sushi.  I'm not a huge sushi eater, but I love California rolls and some of the other cooked items.  Anyway, I thought they just ordered it in from a restaurant or something when I rubbed my eyes again to make sure I was seeing correctly.  Sushi on a platform in front of 3 sushi chefs!  Making it to order.  Mmmm, I could really get used to this.
 
P.S. Note to self: Must go to the gym MUCH more frequently.


2 Comments:

At 11:04 PM, Blogger travis said...

Or you could just grow taller -- I've been focusing on that as a solution to my own extra pounds.

 
At 6:04 PM, Anonymous how to grow asparagus said...

Hi, nice blog!If You are interested in how to grow asparagus go and see my how to grow asparagus related site. This Asparagus are very special have look.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home