Monday, November 22, 2004

Disney Days

I had one of the best weekends in a long while. I thought I would be so wasted trying to catch up on sleep from last weeks’ whirlwind adventure, that I didn’t know if I was going to participate in this weekend’s excitement, but I’m glad I did. My co-worker friend from an old, hideous job we shared now works for Disney. He also had Disney contacts back when we worked together. One of the only great things about this old hideous job was that the people who worked there were amazing… and I guess we bonded like family under the adversity. So, my friend got some of his friends and co-workers who also work at Disney to use their guest sign-ins and get us into Disneyland for free. All 20 of us!

The amazing thing about getting into Disneyland for free is that it completely reduces the stress factor of having to get your money’s worth. It allowed us to relax and stay together as one group, and meander, and talk and catch up and have a great time, relaxing at Disneyland. It was a very early morning, and we had planned to leave early, but wound up staying late. And I caught up with some of the best people anyone could know. It was great to catch up. Some of them are moving (including me), some are at new jobs, some are looking for new jobs, some have new significant others, and one of them won a car on the radio! I’ve never met anyone who did that before and she won from Ryan Seacrest, no less! We got on a few rides, saw a few shows, bared the cold weather, had a great meal, did a little shopping , stood in a few lines. I stood in the line for “Tower of Terror” but chickened out of the ride, however I braved the “death seat” on Thunder Mountain Railroad.

Then on Sunday night, I joined cast and crew at a wrap party for our show. It was at a trendy club in Santa Monica. It was crowded and I had my usual drink of choice, the Shirley Temple. Everyone thought it was unusual and cute… But I don’t drink much, especially when I’m driving. And I was flying solo since my wife is far away. It started out a slow evening. I always tend to be the wallflower. But I socialized more and more at the end of the evening and wound up having a great time. The food was OK, but of course it couldn’t top the all-you-can-eat lobster tail and filet mignon they served on the last day shooting on set. All in all, however, a good evening.

I felt so refreshed and relaxed from my weekend, I wish I could do it all over again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home