Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Waiting

Lately, I feel like I've been spending a lot of my time waiting for things. Waiting for my job to end, waiting for things at my job to get beyond a certain point so I have work to do, waiting to get up in the morning, waiting in traffic, waiting to see my friends, waiting to say goodbye, waiting to move back east, waiting to find a home, waiting to find a new job, waiting for a phone call, waiting for a tv show, waiting for the price of moving our stuff to be as low as we had hoped, waiting at the grocery store, waiting for the holidays to get here, waiting for the holidays to pass, waiting for things to get better, waiting for the next life, waiting for a hug, waiting for this to end, waiting, waiting, waiting...

I'm tired of waiting. And I bet you're tired of hearing me complain. If I were you, I even know what your advice would be. Take action, create opportunities, don't wait for things to happen. Yet I feel frozen and paralyzed by the overwhelming stress and emotion of it all. And so I sit, and wait. And wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home