Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Misc. Ugh

No big stories to write about, so here's a mish mosh of the weekend:

Had a Memorial weekend BBQ at our home on Sunday. We had a nice showing of 10 people, which I consider quite sizeable considering 3 people couldn't make it and we really don't know that many people in the area.

Apparently, DC doesn't have "BBQ's", they have "cook-outs". I know this, because my wife and her partner spent most of Monday responding to "disorderly cook-out" calls, and getting a whole lot of free food in the process!

I must have insanely acclimated, as every day this weekend has been a split of beautiful warm sunshine and sudden unexpected showers. Yesterday, we mostly had showers in the afternoon, and I spent the day running errands in 60 degree heavy rains wearing only shorts, a T-shirt, and sandals. I wouldn't have been caught dead doing that in L.A.!

Had another deep conversation with a friend. As mentioned in a past posting, conversation is VERY important to me. It fulfills some kind of place in me that nothing else quite touches. Of course, it also left me feeling empty in some ways, and pensive yet again. Very, very pensive. In a kind of lonely, sad way. I've got so much on my mind these days, and so little I feel I can talk about. Ugh. It can just eat you up inside!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home